Separate Sand and Solid matter from water with 90% or better efficiency!
Hydrocyclones are very effective at removing large, dense inorganic particles. Hydrocyclones are available in a variety of sizes that are matched according to a pump or irrigation zones rate of flow. Hydrocyclone have no moving parts, and use centrifugal force that swirls sand and other heavy particles into the sedimentation tank. The tank can be either flushed out manually or automatically.
Since Hydrocyclones do not "catch" all of the particles entering into your system, they are not meant to be a replacement for a filter but are intended to lighten the "load" placed upon filters. We can help you match up a Hydrocyclone to your system.
- Conical shape accelerates the velocity of the water increasing centrifical forces and maximizing separation
- Easy to operate and maintain with no moving parts or screens
- No headloss build-up or clogging during separation
- Specially designed rubber cone/insert protects the neck from erosion and increases separation
- Large holding capacity of sedimention tank reduces flushing frequency
- Maximum anti-corrosion protection with durable and long-lasting coating materials